Information we collect and how we use it
When You visit or use our Services, we collect and store information about You, Your computer or mobile device and Your activities. This information may include, but is not limited to:
- Your mobile device’s unique ID number (when available); Your mobile device’s geographic location (specific geographic location if You have enabled collection of that information, or general geographic location automatically).
- Your device’s IP address; technical information about Your computer or mobile device (such as type of device, web browser or operating system).
- Your account information: Your provided full name, email address, zip code and other information You may provide with Your account, such as Your gender and birth date. Your profile picture that may be publicly displayed as part of Your account profile. You may optionally provide us with this information through third party sign-in services such as Facebook and Google Plus. In such cases, we fetch and store whatever information is made available to us by You through these sign-in services.
- We also store Your preferences and settings (time zone, language, etc.), on our servers and locally on Your device (mobile/ computer) to provide You a consistent experience over repeat visits to the Services.
- Your content: The information that You post to the Services, including any personal information, reviews, photos, comments, likes, lists, followers, the users You follow, and Your account profile.
- The URL of the last web page You visited before visiting our Services.
- The search terms You have looked up and results You selected; how long You visited/ used our Services and which features You used
- Communications between You and other users or merchants through our Services; the ads that You click on.
- Your transactional Information: If You make purchases or avail offers through the Services, we may collect and store some information about You to process Your requests and automatically complete forms for future transactions. These may include data including (but not limited to) your phone number, address, email, and credit card information. This information may be shared with third parties who help process and fulfil your requests. When You submit credit card numbers, we encrypt the information using industry standard technologies. If You write reviews about businesses with which you transact through the Services, we may publicly display the fact that you transacted with those businesses.
We use the information to improve the functionality and quality of the Services, and also personalize Your experience. We also use this information to display relevant advertising, provide support, message You, and to comply with legal obligations.
Please note that some of this information is automatically collected without You voluntarily choosing to provide this information to us.
Cookies & Mobile Device IDs
Cookies: When You visit our Services, we may place “cookies” on your device to recognize You. We do this to store Your preferences, collect statistical data and track Your use of our Services. Ad companies (including but not limited to Google and Facebook) may also place cookies on Your device to track your activities across various sites so that they can display targeted ads. Cookies are widely used, and most web browsers are configured initially to accept cookies automatically. If You prefer not to accept cookies, You may adjust and configure your browser settings accordingly. However, if You turn off cookies, or refuse to accept a request to place a cookie, some features of the Services may not function properly.
Mobile Device IDs: If You are using our Services on mobile, we may use mobile device IDs (the unique identifier assigned to a device by the manufacturer), instead of cookies, to recognize you. We may do this to store Your preferences and track Your use of the Services. Unlike cookies, device IDs cannot be deleted. LocalPeep and ad companies may use device IDs to track Your use of the Services, track the number of ads displayed, measure ad performance and display ads that are more relevant to You. LocalPeep and analytics companies may use device IDs to track information about usage of the Services.
We may also share Your information with other companies for various reasons. What information we make available to other companies depends on the nature of our relationships with them. We generally require these other companies to keep our users’ information confidential.
We may use or disclose user information: in response to a legal request, such as a subpoena, court order, or government demand; to comply with the law; in connection with a threat of litigation; to investigate or report illegal activity; to protect our legal rights, our customers, our Services or users of our Services; or to enforce our rights or defend claims. We may also transfer Your information to another company in connection with a corporate restructuring, such as a sale or merger.
LocalPeep may need to contact You to comply or cooperate with a legal request. For this purpose, we will use the email address provided to us by You. All communications sent by LocalPeep at such email address shall be deemed to have been communicated to You.
Our Services are not intended for use by children under the age of thirteen (13). We do not knowingly allow children under the age of thirteen (13) to register for any service, and we do not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen (13). If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information without parental consent, please contact us at email@example.com. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information without parental consent, we take steps to remove such information and terminate the child’s account.
If Your information is submitted to us through our Services when applying for a position with our company, the information will be used to consider your application. We may retain Your information for any period of time. This information may be shared with other companies for the purpose of evaluating Your qualifications for the particular position or other available positions, as well as with third-party service providers retained by us to collect, maintain and analyze candidate submissions for job postings.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or via mobile device, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Data Retention and Account Termination
The information we obtain from or about You may be processed and stored in India and our other various servers located across the globe. Each location may provide for different data protection rules than the country in which you reside. If You have any questions relating to your personal data, please write to us on firstname.lastname@example.org.